What IS a research park, anyway?
Research parks have…
- A master development plan
- An incubation or acceleration centre
- A collaboration agreement with an affiliated university
- A role in promoting technology-led economic development
- There are 26 Research and Technology Parks across Canada
- These parks house 1400 companies
- AURP wants to improve the sustainability of Canadian research parks
- To support the development of knowledge-based SMEs
- To encourage the development and growth of accelerators
- To grow the knowledge industry across Canada
- To collaborate with key members of Canada’s innovation ecosystem
- The growth of R&T parks will help Canada improve its global competitiveness
- We help companies get to the next level
What do R & T Parks do for Canada?
- We Grow Canada’s GDP by $2 million annually
- We enhance Canada’s position in the global knowledge economy
What do R & T Parks do for companies?
- Source of knowledge and talent
- Facilitate Research and Development
- R&T Parks cover every region and industry in Canada
- Parks are close to Canada’s top STEM Universities
Economic Impact of R & T Parks
- Almost half of the companies at R&T parks export
- 1/3 of the employees have an advanced degree (Masters or PhD).
- R & T parks help Canada’s knowledge economy
How to Improve the Sheridan Parks Association
- The City of Mississauga awaits our initiative for change and growth
- We need to sell or develop our 80 acres
- We need to collaborate with our local University (the University of Toronto Mississauga) for Sci & Tech development initiatives
- We need to preserve the park’s clean, spacious, campus-like
- We need to connect with provincial or federal government Sci & Tech Funding Agencies